Thursday, September 27, 2007

Pro Blogger Chris G's Essential Tools For Bloggers

Chris Garrett’s Essential Tools (in his own words)

WordPress
- While I have built blogs on Drupal and CommunityServer the one system I LOVE to use is WordPress. It just suits me perfectly, plus has such a rich community that support it with help, themes, plugins … for an individual blogger or a team I couldn’t recommend it more highly.

Firefox
+ Scribefire - I could be accused of slightly biased but I really do use this Firfox plugin every day and still recommend it even though I have absolutely zero input into it any more! Coupled with a Firefox spellcheck dictionary it is really a bloggers killer app.

Feedburner - Without feedburner how would we know how many subscribers we have? We wouldn’t!

Flickr - Whether it is for storing our own pics or for finding CC licensed images, you can’t beat Flickr for photographs. I just wish it allowed you to crop and annotate too.

CC PDF Converter - This PDF converter is useful for anyone wanting to create viral PDF ebooks. The CC PDF Converter is a free (open source) application that enables you to create PDF documents from almost any application (Word, Excel, Internet Explorer and more). The CC PDF Converter also allows you to easily embed a creative commons license in your PDF file.

Read the whole article here.


Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: